FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE FORUM?
1. Teachers who work with students with disabilities
2. Tech Single Point of Contacts (SPOCs)
3. Borough Instructional Tech Directors
4. Borough Special Education Directors
5. Related Service Providers and Clinicians
6. Website Content Contributors
7. School Webmasters
8. Parent Coordinators
9. Borough / Citywide Office Staff
10. School librarians
WHY SHOULD I ATTEND?
1. There will be an opportunity to speak directly to staff at technology companies
2. Find out what your colleagues are doing to best support students and families
3. Determine what website platform is best for your school
4. Participate in conversations around inclusion
5. Expand your Professional Learning Network
6. Learn from leading voices in inclusion circles
7. Build your knowledge of teaching digital literacy
We've made it safer and easier to attend through our new virtual platform, simply register and log in via our portal:
WHAT TOPICS WILL BE DISCUSSED?
1. Assistive technologies and how they can support students' needs
2. Accessible website platforms
3. How to make accessible digital content
4. New ways to create an inclusive classroom
5. How to support students with disabilities in accelerated programs
6. Strategies to prepare students for a successful transition into adult life, through college, career, or independent living
7. Instructional resources for teaching information fluency and digital literacy
8. Providing instruction using the Empire State Information Fluency Continuum
WHY ELECTION DAY?
Historically, Election Day served as a Chancellor Conference Day for professional development. To continue that tradition, we are offering this virtual conference on Election Day so you can still get the great PD you value on a day when all students will be remote -- and earn CTLE credits for attending! On demand content will be available to all registrants in the future.