How to Prepare for the Next School Year
Tech & Learning, in partnership with K20Connect, offers this one-day conference to help districts take the lessons learned from current remote learning programs to create a long-term plan that supports effective teaching and learning both online and in person.
The conference was hosted on Friday, May 29, 2020 with over 1200 attendees.
You can still access all recorded sessions with over 70 hours worth of content, resources for professional development, and sponsor information. Register to access the on-demand content.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Sessions are divided into tracks to meet the needs of district teams including:
- Technology and Curriculum Directors
- Tech/Academic Coaches
- School Board Members
- State Leaders
- Regional Education Agencies
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to support ongoing professional development
- How to build a long-term Social Emotional Learning program to support your entire school community
- How to maximize your federal funding How you can support the changing roles of the educators
- How you can use data to future-proof your district plan
- PLUS: The “Leadership Lounge” will offer district leaders the opportunity to share challenges and successes in moderated small group discussions.
The Conference Program offers an interactive experience with multiple sessions offered every hour. Attendees can personalize their schedules to create an individualized program that meets their unique professional development needs, with the following elements available:
Interactive Tracks with 45 min sessions on the following topics:
- Developing an Instructional Continuity Plan for Any Emergency (Marie Izquierdo, Chief Academic Officer, Miami-Dade County Public Schools)
- Making the Most of Your Federal Funding (Susan Gentz, Consultant, K20Connect)
- Preparing for New Learning Ecosystems (Frances Gipson, Ph.D., Clinical Associate Professor, Claremont Graduate University & Director, Urban Leadership Program)
- Planning for Effective Leadership During Transitional Times (Arati Nagaraj, Senior Consultant, K20Connect)
- Transitioning from Remote to Blended Learning (Dr. Kecia Ray, author, consultant, and Brand Ambassador for Tech & Learning)
- Celebrating Teachers (Angela Maiers, Keynote, Author, Founder, @Choose2Matter)
Leadership Lounge: Small group discussions facilitated by Tech & Learning Editors covering the following topics: Planning for Next School Year, Device Management, Digital Equity, Planning for Blended Learning, Redefining Learning Spaces, Data Privacy, Changing Pedagogy, Digital Citizenship, and Supporting Special Education.
Dedicated Sponsor Sessions: Dedicated meeting time for sponsors & attendees
The Tech & Learning Live Conferences are part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Visit our corporate site. © Future Publishing Limited Quay House, The Ambury, Bath BA1 1UA. All rights reserved.
England and Wales company registration number 2008885.